Salve for Souls

Tuesday, August 25, 2020

SHE CALLED ME AN ELEPHANT!

I see an elephant!
That's what a woman in my church said when she looked at me!
Would you be insulted if someone said that to you?
I was not, because this was done within the context of symbolism, when I was receiving ministry during an "encouragement time."
The woman explained and perhaps what she said to me, will "speak" to you.
"It's been said that an elephant never forgets, but that is really true of God. He will never forget the promises He has made, or how committed He is to keeping them. That is because He can never forget you. His thoughts of you "outnumber the grains of sand."
Hearing that, reminded me anew of God's faithfulness. We (you) are always in His thoughts.
That is just one example of affirming words contained within Flora Reigada's devotional book, "Where Your Heart Meets God's."
Like brightly wrapped gifts beneath a Christmas tree, might some of these be waiting for you, or even a friend who needs encouragement? Open your heart and receive.
With 51 "stand alone" devotions, each with a question and uplifting word, book may be used for study by Sunday school classes, small groups and individuals.

No comments:

Post a Comment